Sunday, March 7, 2021

The Jamison Center, life along Crab Creek



Sweet glimpses of spring sure feel good. 


Our view of Crab Creek from the new property...


Bon fires, bike riding, outdoor goodness. So fun that it stays light longer too. 
***********************************************************************************
 


This is one of the most beautiful homes in Moses Lake. I have several memories here. 
It is completely fenced in. No one lives there, it is now an event center. I took pictures through the fence a week or two ago. 
When we first moved to Moses Lake, I worked for the Royal School District, went to school nights and Saturdays (to become a teacher) and cleaned house on Wednesday nights. Which was my "night off". I cleaned for an older couple, Doyle and Wilma. I have a thousand memories of cleaning there. And I treasured their friendship during a somewhat lonely time. They had a moody cat. Wilma would sit in one room with the cat while I cleaned the rest of the house. Then she would move the cat out of the room and I would clean that room. Doyle sometimes left when I cleaned, sometimes stayed. Their company was a sweet gift. 
Wilma passed away. She was a woman very loved by her family! I continued to clean for Doyle. 
Doyle told me that friends had purchased a very old home on Nelson in Moses Lake and were in the middle of renovating. He asked me if I would like to go take a look at it with him. I did. 
THIS was the house. I fell in love with it. As the couple was fixing it up, the man found out he had cancer. He died a short time later. His wife no longer had the passion for the project and sold the home.

I cleaned for Doyle another year or more and then did my student teaching and stopped cleaning for him sometime around that time period.  

Someone bought it and it was a nursery and gift shop. The yard had a pond and many trees and plants. There was an indoor gift shop in the area of the tall windows. It was a beautiful space. I went there for many reasons. 

My mom passed away suddenly. 
Life turned upside down.
Lesha came to visit me in Moses Lake about two weeks after she passed away. Vance was "living" in the Econo Lodge in Boardman, Oregon. He had just started a new job. He was hired for this job a couple of weeks before my mom died. 
Anyway, Lesha's company was a gift. We both cried often and we went through the motions of life. 
I took her to this house. 
It felt peaceful, I remember. And in the little gift shop she bought a fairy that reminded her of mom. 
Fast forward many years and this became an event center, the Jamison Center. Kelcy threw Carly a beautiful bridal shower here! Going back many years later was special and fun! 

If I can get into the gate some day I will share more pictures. It is just lovely, with a beautiful big porch. 
A piece of history in Moses Lake. 
And a home of memories for me. 


No comments:

Life!

The baseball game Tuesday in Wenatchee was a letdown, but the drive home was not! I captured these beauties in Quincy -- And I had so much f...