Sunday, January 31, 2021

Strawberry Bread, recent happenings

Yesterday we did some antiquing in Ephrata. And we enjoyed DKs for lunch. I love DKs.

A couple of days ago, we purchased a magnetic sweeper for "sweeping" loose nails and metal. This is a job that both Hazel and Oren are all over up at the build site.

Today Merit is umping a softball game.

We had several play dates last week and although fun, I am tired and this week will plan a little less. 

I thought this strawberry bread was delicious and although my family liked it, they still prefer the sour cream banana bread that I make. But it is yummy and would be really good during strawberry season.

Strawberry Bread

 2 cups all purpose flour

1 teaspoon baking soda

1/2 teaspoon salt

1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon

1 large egg, room temp

3/4 cup granulated sugar

1/4 cup packed brown sugar

1 cup buttermilk

1/3 cup melted coconut oil, canola, or vegetable oil

1 and 1/2 cup strawberries rinsed, dried, and chopped and tossed in a Tablespoon of flour

Glaze

1/2 teaspoon vanilla

2 Tablespoons heavy cream or milk

powdered sugar

Instructions

Pre heat oven to 350

I used the stone mini loaf pan or you could do one big loaf

4 mini loafs took about 38 min, 1 big loaf would be about an hour



No comments:

Life!

The baseball game Tuesday in Wenatchee was a letdown, but the drive home was not! I captured these beauties in Quincy -- And I had so much f...