Thursday, January 28, 2021

Random Thursday Happenings

Life is certainly picking up its pace! All of a sudden we have practices again, held responsibly. Thank you Moses Lake School District and coaches. 

I am busy again. It seems weird. Really good, yet I am racing the clock. 

Two children's books that have caught my eye in the past few days are 

The Boy and the Ghost

and 

Down Down The Mountain - good night time reads with the kids I am thinking :-)

Hazel spent some of her Christmas money at Ulta the other day. I love the lighting in Ulta. I sure miss the testers. Pre- Covid Hazel and I had little make up outings with the testers at Ulta Beauty. Anyway, Hazel loves deep conditioners - she has some thick hair! She is crazy about moisturizers, make ups, lip balms... she has a more extensive night time cleansing and moisturizing routine than I do. 

She bought some items that she was excited about and also with her Christmas money, she bought me a lipstick. It was so sweet. 

I found myself subbing 1st grade yesterday. Gosh I love kids. Their brains are sponges!  Their personalities are darling, well, mostly!  
One boy said "My parents have a lot of money, like 250 dollars." I asked "where did they get all that cash?" He said "they work hard." 💙He also told me his little sister just turned three and she should be ready for kinder in the fall. 
I laugh and smile and smile some more. 
And occasionally the laughter and smiles bite me in the butt a bit when the students start walking around when they aren't supposed to or try out a water bottle flip. (Because this lady just seems to be having fun)
And at that time I try to find my inner sternness. For me it is not easy to find.  But I (as a child) had two elementary teachers who were very old school and quite stern. They also looked exactly the same from age 40-70. You know the type? 






I love January.



My blessings and my struggles are woven into one day. And I know I am not alone in this. I have several who are heavy on my heart right now. Cancer, Covid, heart aches - physical and emotional. I can just pray and try to encourage. 









No comments:

Life!

The baseball game Tuesday in Wenatchee was a letdown, but the drive home was not! I captured these beauties in Quincy -- And I had so much f...