Wednesday, January 20, 2021

Happy Birthday Willem!

Happy 15th Wild Will!!! 











 


This kid is amazing!! 


He does not read my blog - at least not regularly - so I can get all sentimental and tell the embarrassing stories!


From birth to 7 months he was the most easy, peaceful baby! He came into this world weighing a whopping ten pounds. He was a chunky guy and a smiling guy. He is still a smiley guy! 

I reminisce with foggy eyes because we traveled then as a family and we struggle doing so now. But, I suppose it is just important that it happened. Willem went to Hawaii and Alaska within his first year. 

He then started getting ear infections and had a rough seven months. After the adenoids were removed and tubes went in his ears, he was very happy and the whole while very active. He started walking at ten months. He crawled out of his crib at 11 months. I really had a hard time keeping him in there. He was always up for an adventure. He would fish down at the creek at 3 years of age.


I taught him how to swim in a hotel swimming pool in Seattle while Uncle Matt, Vance, and Merit were at a Seahawks game. He was a very fast learner. Dunking his head and holding his breath in our hot tub had helped the learning. 

He cried every morning on the way to pre-school for the first three months. I was very pregnant with Hazel and I would try to drag him out of the car... it was quite the scene. One day he unbuckled himself out of his car seat and crawled into the back (I drove a station wagon then.) The pre-school teachers witnessed me opening the hatchback and pulling crying Willem out. 

One day Casey Garcia was in the parking lot, helping Delia get out of the car. I asked him to help me get Willem in. I was nine months pregnant and exhausted with this little human, Willem not Hazel. Casey smiled and said he wanted to, but that he did not want to force Willem because he wanted Willem to like him. 

Casey passed away two years later. This is one of my favorite Casey stories, but we have many.

I know you can never compare children. But Merit and Willem are so entirely different and in such an incredible way. They have become very good friends and this is one of my greatest blessings.


There is still so much to learn about Hazel and Oren so I am not sure how similar they may be or how different. 

Real Christmas trees are one of my favorite things in the world. Willem has agreed to bring me a fresh cut Christmas tree when I am an old lady.

Watching Willem play basketball has been of great interest to me. He started out being somewhat unaware of his strengths but knowing hard work pays off. He worked incredibly hard at defense and at rebounding. Our friend Danny Stuart nicknamed him "Rodman" - it has stuck.

I love watching him play football, basketball, and baseball. 


Willem has a great appreciation for Alaska. 

Will loves the outdoors, fishing, kayaking, hiking, exploring...

Willie loves his grandparents dearly.

Wild Will is a hard worker.

Willem can get a job done quickly and efficiently. 

He is honest. 

Willem, I pray that God uses you and blesses you in big ways.













No comments:

Life!

The baseball game Tuesday in Wenatchee was a letdown, but the drive home was not! I captured these beauties in Quincy -- And I had so much f...