Friday, March 27, 2020

Trips down memory lane...

On and around March 25th, I allow myself many trips down memory lane. March 25 was the date my mom and my grandpa Ken (her father) were called to heaven, just a few years apart.



They both provided wonderful examples of how to live.



My mom did not grow up in the country, but she learned "farm life" on H Street Rd. My parents raised heifers. My dad will bring a bull in and have them bred. Calves in the spring were a highlight. My mom pulled a few calves in those years. I remember my Grandpa Ken driving up to the house a week or so after our mom passed away. A calf had just been born. We talked about how much my mom loved a new baby calf, that new life.


A couple of weeks before my mom passed away, she told our sister Lesha she was excited to make pillows for the front porch. My parents have a neat, big covered porch. My mom's pots and hanging baskets always looked beautiful! She wanted to make pillows for that bench the spring she passed away. She did not know she will be called to heaven so soon.








 I have had a lot of time to remember this March, with life being much different.



No comments:

Life!

The baseball game Tuesday in Wenatchee was a letdown, but the drive home was not! I captured these beauties in Quincy -- And I had so much f...