Sunday, January 12, 2020

Case William

Case was born on January 31, 2009. He missed sharing his Grandpa Jim's birthday by one day.

My sister Tasha, her husband Reese, Lane, and Case lived in Coronado at the time. Tasha and I talked on the phone regularly during our pregnancies - Case and Hazel are just 2 1/2 months apart. The news of his birth had us all very joyful! Wondering if we could really wait until Thanksgiving to meet the little guy!

Thanksgiving, 2009 My dad had just built his shop and was as proud as could be! He wanted to host Thanksgiving there. We always spent Thanksgivings at Vance's dad, but it was different that year. Everybody in my family met Hazel and we all met Case! Hazel was five weeks old, Case was 3 1/2 months old. It was our first "shop party" at my dad's and I probably remember Merit, Willem, Kai, and Lane loving that shop party the most. PLENTY of room to throw a football around and run off energy! Merit being the oldest of those four boys, he was a first grader at the time. 

Natasha said to me, "when you have a baby it's hard to hold someone else's baby but let's make a point to hold each other's babies." We did. Babies were passed around.

My cousin Jill came over with Jackson too! All these sweet babies introduced.






Christmas came around and Tasha, Reese, Lane and Case came BACK to Lynden!! 
We were thrilled! Babies reunited once again. And MANY cousin memories made! 

Case made Lane a big brother. 
Case had the best laugh. 
Case was chubby and cute! 
Coronado friends remember Tasha walking Lane to school with Case in the stroller. 
He was so darling and sweet! 
He would be ten years old. 


I remembered commenting that that holiday season felt the most joyful since having our mom at Christmas. We had 7 years of the void being really big. Thanksgiving 2009 and Christmas 2009 brought us some joy and healing. 

On January 12, Case passed away suddenly. 
I wrestled with God on so many levels in the coming months. 

I have watched friends deal with children with health problems, one of their biggest supporters, if not their biggest supporter being their mom. Tasha experienced the death of a child and without her mom. 










Last night I got word that a friend's husband passed away. In his thirties and FULL of life!! They have a one year old daughter. 
Her road of grief begins and it makes my heart so sad. 


In this world, we will have sadness. 
In this world, we will struggle. 

Psalm 34:18
The Lord is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit. 

Matthew 5:4
Blessed are those who mourn, for they will be comforted. 

I have not been a great example of a mourning daughter, sister, or friend. But I continue to look to Jesus and take comfort in scripture. My desire is to help those hurting, it is always my desire. I think I have made an ass of myself several times. But I hope people know my heart means to help. 

Tasha and Reese could use your prayers today and so could my friend Ketarae, who just lost her husband. 












No comments:

Life!

The baseball game Tuesday in Wenatchee was a letdown, but the drive home was not! I captured these beauties in Quincy -- And I had so much f...