Sunday, January 6, 2019

#thesearethedays

While reaching for a sour cream container at the grocery store tonight, a well dressed woman, about 55 was reaching for one too. She kept scanning the area. She said "gosh, I don't really need one this size. I won't be able to eat it all before it goes bad." I noticed a smaller container, closer to me, and pointed it out to her. She thanked me, put it in her cart and said " I am an empty nester now. I can't shop or cook like I used to." Lump in my throat. She looked sad.

Empty nesting days are not days I look forward to.

But if I approach you looking weary or depressed in the years to come. Suggest one of two things.
1) that I should get more chickens
2) that I should attend more basketball games

Both are total mood boosters in my world.

And if I look really bad, I'd take a foster kitten and season tickets to the Zags.


Oh and please know I am thankful. So very thankful that I am buying the large sour cream container and that our home is going through a loaf of bread per day.






1 comment:

Tami said...

Michele, God is going to prepare you for the empty nest days. When you reach them, you'll be ready. It's beautiful how He takes care of the void so that it doesn't feel like a void. It is actually a ton of fun! Adult children are really fun! And I don't miss the expense of a gallon of milk a day...

Wild Will

  When Merit was a senior, I had all the feels.  Now that Willem is a senior, I have all those feels but they are intensified.  Because now ...