Friday, February 16, 2018

It's FRIDAY!

Me at 8 a.m. this morning: " I have no idea what we are going to do for dinner tonight." Hazel in a cheerful voice, "Well, it is morning time and you have ALL day to think about it!" -------haha, yes!

I have had some great moments and some tough moments while substitute teaching lately.
I subbed yesterday in a warm, welcoming class with a wonderful learning environment. Most of the day was really nice. But there was a behavior incident at recess. A little boy who was supposed to spend his recess in the office did not (and I failed to remind him of this). The event was a bummer and sad and I felt I did not totally do my part. And it is even more tough when I walk into a classroom where I am very unfamiliar with behaviors. I am often very encouraged my subbing adventures, but there can be hard stuff too.

It sure does feel good though to be a listening ear for this kids, to be an encourager and to help them learn.

We are excited for a 3 1/2 day weekend!!

This week was good here...
It was letter "O" week at Oren's school. He had a fun Valentine party too!
Hazel enjoyed making homemade Valentines! And on Valentine evening she made chocolate covered strawberries for all of us!
Willem was sick and is finally starting to feel better. - He loves P.E.! He has it first period. He is doing well in all of his classes!!
Merit is eating us out of house and home. Last night I was listening to him help Hazel with her math. I loved it. 

No comments:

Weekend Highlights!

Prom!  Stunning couples!  A gorgeous evening!  Willem and Raegen! Yesterday was the baseball parade and opening ceremonies! SO many people! ...