Friday, December 22, 2017

December 22nd

Where are my snow pants? Have you seen my gloves? These boots are too small for me. I cringe a little. But look outside and I do see the magic that they see. And the flakes are huge! I am a saver and I have been tucking away cute school papers, clothes that I can't yet part with, letters... and apparently Willem's snow pants.

All "Christmas items" were 50 percent off when I hit the senior center Wednesday. They had "vintage" Christmas fabric! I bought it. I can't usually pass up fabric and my collection was getting a bit out of control, but the fun thing is Natasha and Maria often enjoy it too. So I send a little their way. And I gave a bunch to a kinder teacher I love this year. They wrapped her kinders' parent gifts in it!

I have not had my camera out much lately to take candid, fun, family shots. I need to get it out today!

A few FAVORITE December moments; 1) Oren's singing and motions in his pre-school Christmas program! I LOVED listening to him sing! 2) Hazel's Christmas program! Their music teacher did a terrific job. And Hazel has overcome fears about performing. 3) Merit's basketball game last night. Sophomore Gold team played a Varsity Moses Lake Christian team. Although we lost, the gymnasium, the announcer, the hustle and hard work was fantastic!! 4) Willem's CHRISTMAS SPIRIT and LOVE for snow - He truly is a January baby. 5) I have had the opportunity to go to the Laundry Mat and pass out children's books and quarters! The thankful hearts I have come in contact with have blessed me so very much. 

Oren: "Mama, is hot cocoa good for me?" My response, "It's good for your Christmas spirit Oren."

No comments:

Wild Will

  When Merit was a senior, I had all the feels.  Now that Willem is a senior, I have all those feels but they are intensified.  Because now ...