Thursday, July 7, 2016

A Thursday evening update

Hazel and I were gathering eggs yesterday morning and she said "funny, we have a fashion girl and a farm girl gathering eggs." I asked which one of us was the fashion girl. She said "Well, I am!" And she was wearing heels in the chicken coop.

I have a load of stuff ready to go to Goodwill. I am so much better at bringing loads of stuff from Goodwill to our home.

I am SO excited for baseball state for both boys! Willem's team won both games today! I LOVE this team!

Hazel and I watched Coal Miner's Daughter when Vance and the big boys were gone fishing and Oren was in bed. It is rated PG but it was a little heavy for her. Oh, I love that movie. I am a huge Loretta Lynn fan. I also like Snoop Dog. Gheesh. I feel like that right there tells a lot about me. Versatile? Random? A little odd... and an appreciation for a ride range of music.

Loretta Lynn married and moved to Custer, WA at the age of 14! She lived just down the road from where I lived from the age of 2 until I was 9. I love her history. I love that we share some roots. Her journey towards fame is incredible. Her voice is amazing.

Raising a three year old is hard. Oren threw a handful of sand at me at the water park while I was visiting with a friend. I think she might have gotten a little sand in the teeth too. Raising Oren at 3 reminds me so much of raising Merit at 3. I just hope Oren can grow up to be as nice as Merit is. Oren's kisses are darling. His laughter is contagious and his stories warm my heart.


Our friend Masen threw out the first pitch for the 10s at this morning's opening ceremonies.


 Runner's out! Will's excited!
Hayden got two triples today. His smile!

Willem takes this game seriously. He is a heck of a kid.

No comments:

Wild Will

  When Merit was a senior, I had all the feels.  Now that Willem is a senior, I have all those feels but they are intensified.  Because now ...