Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Tuesday Afternoon


A little motorcycle riding on a Sunday afternoon 
Wyatt and Willem cruising on the golf cart

I love sunflowers!
This one screams anticipation.

The garage sale was a success.
And it was entertaining!
With the money made, the kids got new books from the Scholastic Book Fair and the boys
each get bean bag chairs for their rooms. They are excited. :)

I have lost a lot of blogging enthusiasm lately.
I hope it comes back.
I have had an attitude all day today. There was a shooting this morning just a little ways
down the road from us. Two people are hospitalized, condition unknown. The "shooter guy" (Willem's name for bad guys) is on the loose. I am thankful we are all safe. The whole thing is probably drug related. Our road is closed because of the investigation. I find myself so disgusted about these types of things.
Also, I am reminded to pray for the safety of our family.

My next post will be a little more upbeat I hope!
Maybe something light hearted like a Pear Butter recipe or pictures of handmade cards. ;)
I laugh sometimes because my blog is usually a therapeutic outlet, but sometimes it
contains all the "fluff " in my life when there are also "heavier" things to write about.
Oh well, life would be too serious without the "fluff"!

Till next time...

3 comments:

Natasha said...

Those kinds of things bring so much worry and frustration. It makes me so sad about the drug problems in ALL of our communities. It causes so much pain and destruction. Praying for you guys.

kelly said...

I am praying for you guys! This is so disheartening, on your own street.

Kelley Gubler said...

yeah i heard about the shooting the morning of taking the kids to school. i can't believe it was so close! it's totally disturbing to me too. ugh.

Weekend Highlights!

Prom!  Stunning couples!  A gorgeous evening!  Willem and Raegen! Yesterday was the baseball parade and opening ceremonies! SO many people! ...