Thursday, September 15, 2011

Racing Around

(A rocker at the cabin that I will sit down in NEXT week :)
ohhhhhh I am usually pretty good about down time, quiet time, taking time to reflect...
but this week I have been RACING around!  We are getting into the homework routine. These boys are good about it but ugh, I don't like having to push them as hard as I do. I am collecting good books - books for all three kids to enjoy. Merit is involved in a LEAP INTO BOOKS contest and is reading like crazy. I love this. 
We are having our house painted this week.
A fresh coat of paint will be a nice make-over.
Our house is so lived in and comfortable. I am excited for this new color and fresh coat.
Deciding on the color for the house, trim and front door was difficult.
But I think I have made the right decision. ? Vance left it up to me.
Tomorrow and Saturday I am part of a garage sale with a group of great women. I have been
pricing stuff for three days. ugh Today Hazel and I picked up tables and loaded totes and more totes of stuff!  WHY have I accumulated SO MUCH stuff?!
My good friend Kelly is watching Hazel tomorrow morning while
I work at the yard sale (thank you Kelly!) Hopefully we get
lots of customers before I have to go get Willem from kindergarten.
Saturday we will sell, sell, sell again and Merit has a soccer game.
Though this week has been busy, I have sure enjoyed some good visits with
dear friends. Friendships are such a blessing! Whether near or far.

Me and Hazel, lounging on Labor Day


The boys tubing away from Gramma Kris' place.
Merit, Wyatt and Willem
These three are imaginative, spunky and fun.

Next week I promise to do less racing around. :)

2 comments:

Natasha said...

Some weeks are crazy. You are getting a lot accomplished though! Hope the garage sale goes well. Wish I was sitting in the rocker down by your cabin right about now!

kelly said...

And I wish so much that I could walk up to your garage sale! Thank you again Michele for the wonderful package of goodies!!! I almost want to tuck them away somewhere safe and gaze at them and cherish them. I have little treasures from you, Natasha, Lesha and Lane tucked away all around my house. What a perfect spot to sit in that cute rocker! The back of Vance's Mom's house reminds me of the house I lived in in Italy, so neat to see! Enjoy your weekend with your family! <3 kelly

Weekend Highlights!

Prom!  Stunning couples!  A gorgeous evening!  Willem and Raegen! Yesterday was the baseball parade and opening ceremonies! SO many people! ...