Monday, August 29, 2011

The last few days of summer break

The front yard was transformed into a Wipe Out course a few days this past week. Watching these boys race through the course was hilarious. They asked me to be the announcer. Getting creative and goofy is just up my alley. They placed two slip and slides in a row, had obstacles, jumped over an exercise ball and dumped buckets of water on eachother. An excellent way to cool off on a hot summer day.
I haven't uploaded any pictures yet, but will soon.
Riding motorcycles has been another fun summer activity.I like living out in the country where these boys have room to ride.





These two will start school Wednesday. Merit will be a third grader and Willem a kindergartener! I am not
sure I am ready for this. I love having these kids home. God has helped me embrace every aspect of being a stay at home mom. It feels so good.
Life is busy and never dull. There are days that are challenging and many that are rewarding.
Even though having these kids home is wonderful, I am excited for Merit and Willem to start this school year. I have a feeling they are going to have a great year. I know there is lots to learn and there are friends to be made. :)
At the beginning of each school year, I miss being in the classroom just a bit. But the great thing is, I can be a part of education through my children. Also, it is time for me to take a couple more classes so that I can keep my teaching certificate current. I plan to sign up for one or two online courses in September. It would be beneficial to study something that can help me with the current stage my kids are at.
ohhhhhh, we went to Idaho for the weekend.
We experienced Silverwood for the first time! It was fun!!
The rides were great. The waterpark had a lot of cool stuff but the lines were LONG!
The kids had a ball.
Now two more days of summer break. Lazy mornings and laughter... I need to soak it up.

1 comment:

kelly said...

My kids LOVE Wipeout!!! What a creative thing to do! Sounds like something Lane would create! Enjoy your last couple of days with them Michele! I know you are going to miss them <3

Weekend Highlights!

Prom!  Stunning couples!  A gorgeous evening!  Willem and Raegen! Yesterday was the baseball parade and opening ceremonies! SO many people! ...