Thursday, July 21, 2011

Warm summer days, garden fun and thrift store goodies

This summer has been full of warm, sunny but not HOT days. Lots of days in the yard, fun at the parks with friends, boating... we are making lots of memories.
Last week Vance was in Alaska all week fishing. He had a great week, business and fishing and enjoyed the group he was a part of.
Kris, Sandy and I had a garage sale Friday and Saturday - it was a hit! We sold lots of stuff. Good company too! Merit and Willem helped out a lot.
My brother Phil came to visit last weekend. It was great to have him here. Youngest brothers like Phil may be the reason why I sometimes think I could have five kids, but then when I have sleepless nights, look at my laundry pile or grocery bill I think we could be done with three. :)
Hazel's added about five words to her vocabulary over the past two weeks. This expressive, "knows what she wants" girl hasn't been a big talker, but she is getting there! When she walks around she has this confidence about her that I don't think I found till I was 30. Yes, she is a handful at times, but I love her personality!
The boys adore Hazel. Merit says on a regular basis "She is sooo cute!!" Willem giggles with her often and speaks to her in a very gentle tone.
Today we will meet some friends at the park and tonight I will enjoy appetizers at Michaels on the Lake with some ladies I love as we celebrate with Maria who has new baby Emily!
Our garden!!! Oh my goodness, I am having so much fun eating from our garden!
Zucchini brownies, fried zucchini and zucchini bread have been some favorites. Our carrots have good flavor and don't seem as bitter as in years past.

zucchini bread and zucchini chocolate chunk bread!

zucchini brownies

Recent Thrift Store Goodies!

A made in England, delicate gravy boat! 30 cents!

a doll for Hazel 25 cents

wonderful children's books -- 7 cents each!


This painting was a bargain.
I have added bright orange to our front room!
The picture is a good fit for the room.

My photography has been going really well lately.
I took pictures here a couple of weeks ago of a baby girl.
Kolby is a smiling, sweet little thing.
I took the Kooima's pictures last Tuesday, my niece and nephew's pics the
beginning of the month and staff pictures for our church yesterday.
The variety and fun of photography is a great outlet for me. I hope
to post some of these recent shoots on my photography website soon.

HAPPY THURSDAY!!

2 comments:

Natasha said...

Awesome bargains. Who can pass up a childrens book for 7 cents? I wish you could overnight me some of your homegrown zucchini :)

kelly said...

I LOVE that painting!!! And the wild hair dollie <3 So wishing I could sneak up and steal a brownie from you!

Wednesday -

Laguna Beach Two days was not quite long enough. Merit has his head on straight. I think he is doing well.  I needed one more day.  It was g...