Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Family

Me and my niece Estelle in Crescent Bar.
Oh she is a chubby, cute little thing!!
It is odd to me to think this sweet little niece of mine has outlived her
older brother. It reminds me daily to never take life forgranted and
to love, treasure and soak up our loved ones.

Me and Case

My beautiful sis Natasha
I was so fortunate to get time with all my bros and sisters in June.
I am proud of Natasha carrying on the way she does without her little guy, Case.
She is such a good mom to Lane and Estelle and is a good wife, even though she has a big void in her life.
She has said that in many ways this second year
without him has been harder than the first.
I suppose we expect the first year to be very difficult after losing someone we love so much and also we are surrounded with
support that first year... but then everyone gets back to their lives and there is just
less checking in, fewer phone calls, cards, reaching out.
Please remember to pray for their family.
_________________________________________________

Our fourth was so good. We hung out in the yard ALL day! The kids
had a blast on the slip and slide and in the kiddie pool. Vance and I visited, I read my book,
we did a little gardening. And in the evening we enjoyed lots and lots of fireworks!






Oh my gosh you little bathing beauty!

I love a good mystery/suspense novel!
And whenever I read Mary Higgins Clark, I think of
my Aunt Janis. :) She told us the best spooky stories!

These days of hanging out in the sunshine in our yard are sooo sweet!

Willem was CRAZY about the fireworks!
He loved making smoke bomb volcanoes!

Our family

3 comments:

Leah said...

Summertime! I love seeing the pictures of your children, makes me miss being a kid without a care in the world. I love how much you LOVE being a mom too, Michele. You really savor every moment, it is inspiring.

I continue to pray for Natasha and family, but must admit that I have fallen back in calling her just to talk and check in. Thank you for the reminder, you are a wonderful sister/best friend.

Lesha said...

great post. I am so proud of Tasha too, I know she does have her moments and days and a void forever. Prayers for peace, hope and love and strength.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like y'all had a fun 4th! Estelle is such a beautiful baby!

Life!

The baseball game Tuesday in Wenatchee was a letdown, but the drive home was not! I captured these beauties in Quincy -- And I had so much f...