Wednesday, January 17, 2024

Wednesday thoughts

This snow is pretty lovely. 

Our horses and goats seem to love it! Our chickens not at all, Nellie stays cozy so she does not mind, as does Connie our cat. 

We adopted a barn cat last night. She was a stray in the Dune Lakes area, but she hardly seems like a stray. 

Pictures were posted and no one claimed her...

She has the most beautiful purr and she is well fed. (pictures to come)

Our tack room is heated- about 55 degrees. So she has a bed in there and Vance put a kitty door leading into the tack room. The problem is the coyotes are out in full force. We scare them off every chance we get. I hope this sweet little lady sticks around. 


Funny how a used piece of furniture can motivate me! Check out this desk and bookcase! It really is sweet. It caused me to get rid of some clutter and try to display things more meaningful to me. 


This picture below is of Grandma Alma and my great Aunt Pat! It is a newspaper article featuring their involvement in the March of Dimes. Not to get going on a sad path but oh my goodness, our Grandma Alma was the glue! The wonderful glue that kept the family stronger!


She was my LINK to our MOM. Both of my mom's parents have passed and my mom was the oldest of five so when inquiring about her history and her childhood, Grandma Alma was the one to ask, and she loved to share.


Since her passing two years ago there has been a big void. Lesha and her children spent A LOT of time with Grandma Alma! They loved to go there on Friday nights for pizza and a movie of pizza and Little House on the Prairie. They spent a lot of time with her and her home was one of grace and love. 

We are very thankful we had her as long as we did! 




 

No comments:

Life!

The baseball game Tuesday in Wenatchee was a letdown, but the drive home was not! I captured these beauties in Quincy -- And I had so much f...