Thursday, December 14, 2023

Bootstraps and Smokey Otis


Bootstraps has been stubborn and gentle, handsome as can be. He is good friends with our two goats, Roxie and Tillie. These three find company and comfort in each other. 

Vance decided about five, six months ago that we really needed a second horse. Hazel and I disagreed a bit but really were not sure what the best situation would be for Bootstraps,  for all of us. 

Vance guessed Bootstraps was a little depressed. I felt he was happy. 
We decided to look a bit. 
We ended up with Otis yesterday, I believe his name is Smokey but I can't stop calling him Otis. 
His 4 1/2 hour trailer trip left him nervous and with dust in his eyes. Bootstraps is keeping him away from food and water. He believes this is HIS barn. 

But Otis is like the quiet kid at school. He is timid and sweet, friendly too. 
I taught third grade today and loved every second of it but could barely wait to get home to these horses. Hazel had the detangler out and a comb in her hand. 

He may not fit in with Bootstraps - YET - but he fits in with the humans. 












 

No comments:

Life!

The baseball game Tuesday in Wenatchee was a letdown, but the drive home was not! I captured these beauties in Quincy -- And I had so much f...