Saturday, November 28, 2020

Christmas cheer, finding peace in the corners



A week or so ago we went hiking along the canal in Ephrata. Fresh air, even when cold, feels so good! We think this little church is so welcoming... an episcopal I think. These are its front doors. 
We soaked up the sunshine and a change of scenery.








 There is a family here in town (Montlake Park area) that go ALL OUT for Halloween! So much bright, fun, decor, and many spots for photo ops! Hazel, Oren, and I went this Halloween. They encouraged everyone to stay "six pumpkins apart." It was so fun! Well, they are all decorated for Christmas. It is fun, festive and full of cheer! Willem and I took a peak at it the other night. 

Some of us still have another several days of quarantine so how fun is a drive to look at Christmas lights, the house mentioned above included! And get a hot cocoa or smoothie for the drive. :-) Something to look forward to tomorrow or Sunday. 

We watched The Upside today - I would recommend it, it is a really good movie.

I need to fold a bunch of laundry and I'd like to write some letters - 

I also want to decorate for Christmas but with some energy zapped it feels kind of like an undertaking. I feel so much better though.

Many people with Covid have difficulty breathing we thought we had escaped this dreaded symptom, but it hit Willem 😢

I find myself humming and whispering to myself 

"My hope is built on nothing less than Jesus blood and righteousness... "

Finding peace in little pockets and corners. 

No comments:

Life!

The baseball game Tuesday in Wenatchee was a letdown, but the drive home was not! I captured these beauties in Quincy -- And I had so much f...