Monday, February 17, 2020

Batido and Tamales

Homemade tamales and batido - our weekend all around has been good but Saturday afternoon was a highlight. 
Hazel's darling, friendly, polite friend Jennifer invited Hazel to her birthday party, just verbally. I hesitated taking Hazel there -- there was no invite or call from the parents. Jennifer's parents don't speak English. 
Hazel could not stop talking about it and was so excited! Jennifer gave Hazel her address. So we packaged up a cute, fun gift. Shopping for ten year old girls is the best! And Willem and I drove Hazel to Jennifer's house. Neighbor kids were there, Mexican music was playing... this girl of mine was SO excited!
I picked her up two hours later - well, I tried to - she BEGGED not to leave! They invited me in for tamales and batido! Oh my lands! A small house, FILLED with people, music playing, DELICIOUS food, smiles all around! Two women spoke a bit of English and we got by and I loved the comfort, laughter, and food! It was the best. 



We had a great Friday night of basketball too - 








 It was senior night! What a fun evening!




Sunday - church - a wonderful service
A hike with Vance - sun shining!
And dinner - our whole fam - at Inca
Today, cleaning and organizing 
We may even redeem the kids personal pan pizza certificates again. "Book It" is a fantastic motivator here. 


No comments:

Life!

The baseball game Tuesday in Wenatchee was a letdown, but the drive home was not! I captured these beauties in Quincy -- And I had so much f...