Saturday, July 13, 2019

Tasha May






I can usually come up with the positives really quickly. Sometimes they feel blurry though, the positives - when there is concern and heartache.



There is always something to be grateful for.

It was a beautiful day in Seattle yesterday. I got to the hospital to visit Natasha (UW) and she was in good spirits. What happened Wednesday night with her defibrillator going off twice was very scary. She passed out. Reese was in the truck, east of the mountains. A friend took her to the ER.

At the hospital, she has her own room (phew!) no one would have wanted to listen to what we were talking about and joking around about!

On Thursday,  I placed a Walmart grocery order to be picked up yesterday. Then I realized I was heading to the hospital. I asked Vance to pick it up (he's a first timer). I bragged "It never takes more than five minutes! It is usually like 3 minutes!"  I said "you don't even have to get out of your car!" I get a text from him yesterday asking if 15 minutes is normal to wait. Oh dear, no. He waited another five min and they came out. He is on time for pretty much everything and he does not like to make people wait. He does not like to wait. Why was this happening to him? So, Tasha and I giggled a bit about that.

We asked if we could please go down a level and sit on a little deck at the hospital. We could even catch a glimpse of some boats in the water. The nurse said no, that we needed to stay on the fifth floor. blah.

Maria sent me with a basket for Tasha that made her so happy!
I left her with a bunch of 10 cent thrift store magazines (thank you Senior Center).

We had a "to go" lunch from a really yummy Mexican place, Aqua Verde.
She got a little break from hospital food.

This genetic defect is scary and hard and ugh
But we can pray.
I can talk to this girl about anything, laugh with her about so much even during really tough, scary, sad times. She has had so much hardship. I believe it to be unfair. But it does not really matter what I believe. I do NOT understand. But my job is to try to be love and light! To quit trying to make sense of it all and to trust God.
Her kids need her around for a long time. She is a wonderful mom, wife, daughter, sister, friend... and the list goes on.



Would you pray with me that she has many good days ahead!! Many days where she has energy for herself and for her family. 



Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.
Matthew 11:28

The Lord is good, a refuge in times of trouble. He cares for those who trust in Him.
 Nahum 1:7


1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Praying for her and all of you.

Weekend Highlights!

Prom!  Stunning couples!  A gorgeous evening!  Willem and Raegen! Yesterday was the baseball parade and opening ceremonies! SO many people! ...