Friday, October 12, 2018

Joy in the Journey



A mom and friend recently made such a good point, she said that on social media any of us can  portray to be who we want to be, whether it is reality or not. Sometimes what we think is so perfect or great or beautiful comes with struggles that are not visible on social media. Maybe debt, maybe hardships, maybe fighting, maybe lonliness...

It's refreshing when people can share the joys and struggles, the tough moments and the joyous ones.
I hope I do that too. And I hope that my thankful heart is evident.
***************************************
Fleeing from the dark---

My heart hurts for those experiencing dark days. I have them too. There are days we can shake off the darkness or hide it. There are days when an encouraging friend, prayers or scripture can help turn it around. But some days there is a weight.


There can be times of being criticized or moments of feeling envy or moments of feeling like I have failed. 

Everyone has these days. When they show up too often, that is when one can be worn down. When they show up often we have to work harder at finding JOY in the JOURNEY. I recognize, too, that I have have not faced some of the things many have faced. Each road being unique.

Representing being happy and cheery through my blog when my mood isn't, has made me sort of want to ditch the blog, from time to time. I contemplated that often this summer.
But then I had to stop and think even on dark days, I can be ENCOURAGING and that is a promise I have made to myself. A promise to be encouraging.
Even on dark days there is light. 
And that is what I love, if we wrote down five hardships in a day or five "negatives", my hope is that any one of us could find five blessings, five thanksgivings...

I know children who are fleeing from the dark (I know educators who are their advocates. Who work at making them feel safe, cared for, valued.) I know adults who are fleeing from the dark. 
But I know there is light.

I LOVE this verse: 
2 Corinthians 3:17

Now the Lord is the Spirit and where the Spirit of the Lord is there is freedom.

I cling to this freedom.

And through this freedom and through this light, I find JOY in the JOURNEY.

A woman I greatly respect, her name is Twyla, would always answer "good" or "great" when I asked her how her day was. She once said "you know, they are all good - some are just better than others."
An attitude of gratitude.



No comments:

Life!

The baseball game Tuesday in Wenatchee was a letdown, but the drive home was not! I captured these beauties in Quincy -- And I had so much f...