Tuesday, May 29, 2018

Last but not Least


This kid has been fishing since he was 18 months old.
 Fishing on the Creek
 Oh Oren Paul!
I love Happy Hearts and I love Oren's love for singing and for "dance parties"
 The fourth kid sometimes gets unnoticed, maybe a bit pushed aside.
Although doted on and cared for by three older siblings (who are amazing) Oren has been along for the ride many times. I realize as I try to put this in writing that this has been both hard and good. Watching him mature and develop his own interests as a young boy has been really cool. And letting him develop his own interests, tell HIS story and be the person HE is has been important.
All his blankets and pajamas as a baby were hand me downs, his clothes are too. Although I think this is a healthy thing, this is the way it is for the fourth. If I asked him tomorrow if he wanted to go to Goodwill or WalMart to choose a toy, he would most likely choose Goodwill.  He has attended more baseball games than many 30 year olds. The older people in his family have an opinion of what cereal to buy or what we should have for dinner. He is rarely asked. The importance of his voice being heard has become more important to me. And when he was so excited for his family to attend his little pre-school program, I realized THAT was about OREN. And I loved that.

Last but not least Oren! You are our bonus baby for sure. Thank you God.
4 of my favs right here

Connie, the amazing cat! Everyone should have a Connie in their lives.






The parade was beautiful!! And it draws such a crowd!







Sir Mix A Lot put on a FANTASTIC show!!! Merit, Willem and I went and it was so fun!! It really took me back.

The weekend was good. Great weather, good fun!




Hazel was delighted because she saw Matt, Brenda, Carly, Quinn, Grandpa Vic, Grandma Kris and Kendal ALL in ONE day! Not to mention some other people she loves being around!

No comments:

Wild Will

  When Merit was a senior, I had all the feels.  Now that Willem is a senior, I have all those feels but they are intensified.  Because now ...