Wednesday, May 30, 2018

COMMUNITY

A couple of friends and I sat down at my dining room table two weeks ago and made some personalized, fun graduation cards. These two friends have seniors, graduating Saturday. The range of emotions... And for those who have kids moving away, it may feel especially big!

I was at a therapy session yesterday (my therapy sessions consist of walks with friends :) A friend who has a senior graduating was walking too with her husband. She shared the excitement of this week, how busy it all is, how when she thinks of him moving out in August the tears start to flow. He is a good kid. He adds a lot to their family. These kids growing up, good stuff and hard stuff too -

I am often reminded how important COMMUNITY is. Walking with, talking with, praying for these mamas has been so good.

Yesterday was a good day.
COMMUNITY on a walk and at the park, FUN with Oren! Then later in the day, a sports banquet where Merit received the Freshman Coaches Award. It was a dinner and then a presentation in the theater. I enjoyed my burger, chips and salad while Hazel ate two donuts! We sat with some of our favorite peeps. --COMMUNITY -- Got home at 9:30 and began getting everyone ready for bed #latenightsspringfever

Gotta get ready for another walk. It's hard to be thin at 43, but these walks are terrific, therapeutic and good for my mind!

No comments:

Weekend Highlights!

Prom!  Stunning couples!  A gorgeous evening!  Willem and Raegen! Yesterday was the baseball parade and opening ceremonies! SO many people! ...