Thursday, January 18, 2018

Life on the mini farm

 Watching this kid play is fantastic!


Oh and check out this "Chief supporter" !! 
When I see an Under Armour ML Chief jacket at Goodwill, I cannot pass it up! 
A little big for me, better on Matt --




 This is the most interesting hen! She flies in and out of the coop each day. She sleeps in the coop each night, but she HAS to have her free ranging. I have yet to see an egg she has laid. Some day, I will stumble across a pile of 30 of them I bet! My guess is she has been laying for about 3 months.

 Nellie
Hazel and Connie


When I was a little girl, living on the Sunrise Road, I had three cats. Buttercup, Lucy and Licorice I believe. I know I had Buttercup and Lucy... the 3rd, Licorice, I think. I thought they were great. After that we had  "Buns", some wild mousers and one darling cat, Oreo. My dad was never a dog person although around the time I was moving out of the house they adopted Dusty. Dusty was an easy going dog who did not bark and didn't have much of an opinion. My dad couldn't handle a barker, or a dog with an opinion. It was a good fit. 
I see Hazel with our foster kitties and with Connie and it is so darling!! She is good with the chickens and with our dog too.
Our dog, Nellie, is a good dog!
She gets into the occasional skunk and sometimes drags slippers, shoes and toys outside, but mostly she is loyal, sweet and loveable.
Vance grew up a dog lover.
When I was 20 I began to realize I really like animals.
Now at 42, I love animals.
I can hardly wait to get chicks this March! Oren and Hazel join me in this excitement.
The animal shelter called me Saturday. They said they had a fostering need. My ears perked up. They have 6 3 1/2 week old puppies!! They asked me to take them.
I paused.
But, my plan is to stay married and taking some foster puppies would not have gone over well around here.
Besides, between Awana, basketball, (baseball before long)  piano, after school art clinics, (and these are just the kids activities)  I really can't take that on. But I do pray someone will.


No comments:

Life!

The baseball game Tuesday in Wenatchee was a letdown, but the drive home was not! I captured these beauties in Quincy -- And I had so much f...