Tuesday, September 5, 2017

Tuesday after Labor Day

I probably have 100 sunflowers blooming in my garden right now. I walk out and am "wowed" each time. Our pear and cherry tomatoes are doing so well! Merit goes out each day, he picks a couple of handfuls and eats them one by one.
My mom had these raised garden beds in front of my parents house. She grew nasturiums. They are a favorite of mine! But I did not grow any this year. She had beautiful holly hocks... more flowers than veggies. I remember her going out to pick nasturiums for us to eat on our salad. They were beautiful! How she knew they were edible, I am not sure... no google back then.
This weekend I walked quite a ways with the big boys, in the creek against the current and then through a field. They wanted me to see a hunter's cabin north of here. The walk was kind of tough because we were knee deep and deeper, walking against the current. We carried tubes because we wanted to float the creek the whole way back. They laughed about the silliest things. They asked me to tell them a really scary story. I couldn't think of one, but have since so that can be our next story for an outing. Ducking to go through barbed wire, I fell and they both shrieked "mom! are you okay??" I still feel like I am 20 most days, but when I fall I feel a bit closer to 40.
These boys have been the best of friends most days this summer. As Merit watched Willem in Willem's football game Sat., I couldn't believe how excited Merit was about Willem's tackles! It was fun to watch that game with Merit.
Oren's first day of pre-school is today.
I am ready for this next stage. I think. And I am very excited for Oren.
Tuesday after Labor Day... why did summer cruise by so quickly?? It is really hard to say goodbye. But yet, September and October are favorites around here. I need to embrace the change.

No comments:

Wild Will

  When Merit was a senior, I had all the feels.  Now that Willem is a senior, I have all those feels but they are intensified.  Because now ...