Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Time

I walked past a large stain in the carpet for the 100th time. Telling myself I have to spray something on that. I know I can get it out, but when will there be time?

I start to weed my garden but remember I need to call my child's teacher back about something. I need to make two dentist appts and I need to talk to Vance about reserving a camping spot for an upcoming ball tournament. I leave the half weeded garden and start addressing the other things.

But I hear the dryer buzzer go off and I look at the clock and see I need to leave in five minutes to get Merit from practice, but Oren is still napping...

time

Sometimes I feel like there just is not enough of it.

But you know what, these really are the best of times. 

I spent most of today at Longview. Oh my lands, those kids! I love kids! The funny things they say, their love for life. So many were so excited about the field day activities! Yesterday I joined Hazel's class for a picnic that they had earned for being in control at the carpet. But there was a little boy in Hazel's class who kept not wanting to participate. He would walk away, look away, didn't want to be a part of the group. My heart hurts for him. Something seems to be going on. And I hug him and I imagine he wonders - who is this weird lady hugging me - and I pray for him. I watch Hazel's teacher meet the needs of 22 busy, energetic, lively kindergarteners. Not only does this woman have eyes in the back of her head, she has compassion and a love for learning and she is AMAZING!

I head over to Willem's fourth grade class. The kids seem big. They seem so independent. The teacher and I made rootbeer floats for them because their outdoor field day was cancelled due to thunder and lightning. These kids make eye contact and they thank us. And Will's teacher helps them with their manners. And I am so thankful for my children's teachers.

 I get home and I get to soak up four kids. I get to watch their activities, help with homework, put out fires, read books, brush teeth...
Vance and I really are enjoying this, most days!




  • today I am thankful for my family! 
  • for my friends! 
  • our sweet egg laying Chickens
  • our dog Nellie
  • TIME
  • my children's teachers
  • laughter
  • our garden
  • prayer
  • God's plan






1 comment:

Natasha said...

I love this. These are the best of times. Ingrid reminds me of this daily as well, as she dances a little jig everytime I give her food. These kids are fun, busy but fun and so entertaining and sweet!

Wild Will

  When Merit was a senior, I had all the feels.  Now that Willem is a senior, I have all those feels but they are intensified.  Because now ...