Tuesday, December 15, 2015

A blog post and then back to my "to do" list


I have wrapping paper strewn everywhere. I haven't gotten to the dishes yet. My chickens are out free ranging, gotta check on them. Oren has been pushing trucks along the floor, I love the sound of this. And taking breaks to say "watch this mommy" to which I must reply "I'm watching." He is now snug as a bug in a rug. Napping. My to do list is long. Mostly good stuff. Except getting Oren in for a haircut. Oh that stresses me out.

I am so glad Natasha, Reese and family made it to San Diego. A new chapter, a new adventure. Military life is hard. -- But they arrived at their friend's house (they get to house sit which is so much better than a hotel) And San Diego friends had put up a Christmas tree! Had stockings for their family, their was dinner in the crock pot and a fridge full of food! How awesome! I am so thankful for those who help take care of my siblings. ! Being the oldest of five... I sometimes think that is my job, just a tiny bit, and there isn't always enough of me to go around. Oh we miss our mom. And our children in some way miss her too. They may not have met her, and that is what they are missing. And so we hope that her influence and love and patience shines through each of us and that our kids do, in fact, get to know Grandma Karen, through us.

Merit had an AWESOME basketball game yesterday! Close game, a great win! So much fun!!






Merit did great with his foul shots yesterday! 

Oren is not much for basketball games. But he loves the playgrounds at the schools! Even in 25 degree weather. So, he runs and plays and laughs and begs to not have to go back into the gym! Mr. Willem was the awesome guy yesterday who watched after him! I would check on them every little bit and Willem would say "I can't believe he is not cold yet" and Oren would laugh and jabber and run. 


 Monkey see, monkey do. This child has watched me take countless pictures of the chickens! He decided to give it a whirl with his pretend cell phone camera!

pooper scooper
She is so sweet about shoveling chicken poop!







A little hike on Vance's birthday, December 13, felt oh so good

oh yeah... that "to do" list...

No comments:

Wednesday -

Laguna Beach Two days was not quite long enough. Merit has his head on straight. I think he is doing well.  I needed one more day.  It was g...