Thursday, April 25, 2013

My friend Mylanta, "take me home" outfit ...

I have had heartburn that is kicking my butt. Seriously annoying and really tough to get rid of. I bought Mylanta yesterday. The tums weren't cutting it. Last night I slept well. No aching hips last night and no heartburn, wow... it felt like some sort of pregnancy miracle! So here I am, raring to go. And that is good -- it will be a busy day today with lots of things that need my attention.

Yesterday at Target, Hazel and I bought a baby stroller and a "take me home outfit" for this baby boy. Ohhhhh... the sweetness. This little take me home outfit is precious. Hazel's excitement over all this baby boy stuff is pretty heart warming too. :)

Last night Merit had a baseball game. He has two a week right now. This child showed us very early on that he is a pretty intense kid, I think we saw this when he was about six months old. Channeling that intensity has been a process. I love it that he loves baseball, but sometimes it is too intense, he is too serious. Aren't a bunch of kids just supposed to go out, play ball and have fun? I think too much pressure is put on Merit and maybe a lot of the pressure comes from within. He is in a hitting slump. I think he would feel a lot better if he could put the bat on the ball a few times. :)
He has a coach who is constantly helping the kids learn and who expects a lot, this is good.
Overall, it is a lot of fun... but I do want to be sure HE is having FUN.

Willem and Hazel love the baseball games. They don't love watching baseball :), but they sure enjoy the socializing, playing on the playground, enjoying the weather and running off energy! Hazel sleeps like a rock the nights after the games. It has been a good activity for our family.

Natasha is on my heart and mind like crazy. Just saying lots of prayers for a smooth recovery and good rest.

The sun is shining, it looks like a gorgeous day! Hope to get outside with Hazel after appts and errands and enjoy it!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

When my brother played baseball for the Y I was the same way...didn't like the sport but loved the socializing! Glad that you are feeling better!

Wild Will

  When Merit was a senior, I had all the feels.  Now that Willem is a senior, I have all those feels but they are intensified.  Because now ...