Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Summer Beauty

Our yard is far from perfect, but there is a lot of beauty in it. On these VERY hot days (and yes it is very hot, 100 - 106 degrees) I like to enjoy the outdoors first thing in the morning or in the evenings.



Vance found a hummingbird caught in a spider's web yesterday.
He helped it free, gave it some water and shady spot... but the little bird didn't make it.

The All Star team had great practices last night and tonight. Even in this heat, they played so well. We are excited for state this coming weekend!

3 comments:

Natasha said...

Oh that little hummingbird! So teeny, and you know that is one bird I actually like :) That picture of your yard looks so inviting! I hope I can make it there before summer is over!

Katie said...

I love your pictures! How amazing to hold a hummingbird! Randy and Nancy enjoy the hummingbirds on their porch, funny story I'll have to share with you sometime.

Glad baseball is going well--good luck to Merit this weekend! Have a wonderful one :)

Anonymous said...

That is so sad about the hummingbird. This world can be so cruel!

A Wednesday update

The weather today is gorgeous! I went outdoors with the second-grade class I was teaching today. We looked for a ring a student had lost (an...