Our trip was good and needed in so many different ways.
It was so nice to spend time with Natasha, Reese and Lane. I loved seeing where they live. Natasha has made their home so inviting. They are so close to a beautiful beach! The sights, the smells, the crashing waves... it was all very beautiful.
I realized once I got down there how badly I needed/wanted a change of scenery. I also quickly realized how important (and fun!) it was to spend some time with my sis and her family.
I'll probably post several different entries regarding our trip.
-time spent with family -- family that is easy to be around, not all family members are easy to be around. I laugh as I type this, because I know this is nothing new to any of you out there
- watching our kids and Lane take in the excitement - the sights and sounds and magic of being in a different place! From the hotel swimming pools and hot tubs to the magic of Disneyland and fun of Legoland it was a joy to watch our children have a BLAST!
- it was good to have a change of pace and to get out of Moses Lake for a while
- seeing Coronado was a treat and I want to see more next time our travels bring us to California - Natasha, Reese and Lane live in a beautiful part of the world
- FOUR is the magical age for a child to visit Disneyland, in my opinion. I am convinced of this. We took Merit when he was four and now to watch Willem at the age of four -- what fun!! Cary, my sister in law, told us this and boy was she right. The other boys loved it too of course, but that sparkle in Willem's eyes and the excitement in his voice was so fun!
-Hazel TOTALLY went with the flow! She was simply along for the ride, giving us smiles and bein' sweet
- getting a day in Lynden at the end of our trip! Our kids loved seeing Rob and Lesha's kids and their grandparents - Papa Stan, Gramma Adie, Grandpa Jim and Great Grandma Alma -- I got time with my siblings - it was good!
Check out Willem and Lane RUNNING to the entrance of Legoland!!
Towns, cities, villages made out of LEGOS -- it was really impressive.
in Coronado -- we spent the first night here
At first, Merit thought Legoland was a little "babyish" - but there was really
nothing baby-ish about this roller coaster. Merit was pretty crazy about the place by the end of the day. Poor Will was crying on this shot! Willem is a dare
devil, but freaked out a little on a few of the rides.
MORE TO COME!
and lots more pictures