Sunday, December 6, 2009

companion

This has been a pretty good weekend after a very sad Friday. On Friday morning our lab, Betty, died. She  was hit on the road. Vance and our friend and neighbor buried her that morning. Man it hurt losing this sweet dog. We had two black labs, Rudy who is almost 12 and Betty who was 1 1/2. Rudy has been a good, loyal, wonderful pet. We wanted to get a second dog while Rudy was still alive so Rudy could help "train" the new pup, teach her to stay home, to be good with the kids etc. So a year and a half ago we got Betty.  Betty had been a true puppy! Her first six months of life she chewed and had tons of energy, then last spring and summer she had calmed down quite a bit, plus she was getting lots of exercise. Our family spent lots of time outdoors and Betty got many good walks in. I LOVED Betty as a walking partner! She was "birdie", sweet and energetic.
Anyway, many tears were shed Friday and as the weekend has gone on we are enjoying looking at pictures of her and remembering her ... but it is sad. And our old dog Rudy seems to be missing her too. Vance and Merit are taking this the hardest. Merit just joined me at the computer and read this post, through tears. Betty the Boopster will be missed.









8 comments:

Maria said...

So sad to hear about Betty...she was such a fun loving dog!

mariemolitor said...

I'm so sorry to hear about betty!
She was such a sweet dog!

Natasha said...

Poor Betty. It's so sad to lose a dog! Hope Vance and Merit are doing better!

Mindy K said...

Big Bummer about Betty. She was so active and happy when we saw her on the pass. I knew this would be hard for Vance. He emailed us right away. Mom told me about the call she got from Merit. It breaks my heart for you guys.

Lesha said...

That must be hard. I am sad to hear you are going through this. I am thinking of you all!

Anonymous said...

Awww...I am sorry to hear about your dog. That is so sad!

theSNAPsisters said...

Ahhh so sorry about your dog. Our neighbors dog got hit and killed last monday and I had to go tell them. HEART-BREAKING! Hope your boys are doing ok...

Katie said...

So sorry to hear about your dog. That's a tough one, especially with handling kid's grief. I love the pictures you posted and what a sweet tribute to Betty. Isn't it amazing of how close we can get to an animal, the love we have in our hearts for them and what they can contribute to our lives? I'm a pet lover myself and have really been heartbroke over a few losses. Have you heard of "Dog Heaven"? It's a beautiful children's book written by Cynthia Rylant and I highly recommend it for you to get...not only will you cry but it will be tears of joy as well. Check your library, Vance will like it to I bet and the boys can have some peace with where Betty is now:)

And your baby girl. Sigh. She is so sweetly adorable!!! Makes me want to have another baby that cuddly and little again!! Enjoy it, it goes by much too fast. I'm so happy for you Michele and your darling baby girl.

Weekend Highlights!

Prom!  Stunning couples!  A gorgeous evening!  Willem and Raegen! Yesterday was the baseball parade and opening ceremonies! SO many people! ...