Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Picking Peaches

Picking peaches with Willem in our backyard! Merit joined us for some of  the picking. Our peach tree hasn't done much in our four years of living here until... THIS YEAR and boy oh boy we have peaches! YUM! Labor Day weekend we had a huge windstorm however and two large branches broke. I hope our tree will survive. After our picking peaches on Sunday we made PEACH COBBLER! I'll type out the recipe this week and post it soon. Today was a BUSY day! I stayed with Willem at preschool because he has had such a fear of me leaving. Oh I hope he gets over this. I cleaned the laundry room (long overdue!) and I did a photo shoot this afternoon. I am doing more photography over the next ten days. I told myself I would be done by September 15, but I am still getting calls - I am feeling great - and the extra money is really nice.

4 comments:

Mindy K said...

How fun is it to have peaches in your back yard. Where do you live? Florida! If it brings any peace, I know I had one of my kids cry everyday during preschool, but I can't even remember who it was. Teacher Leslie (Aunt Leslie) just asked me to leave and they always stopped crying and started having fun within 3 minutes. For the life of me I don't remember who it was. That was only a few years ago. It must have been one of the twins. I know I would not have been able to even care, if it had been Abby. Poor girl.

Natasha said...

Oh those peaches look awesome! I would love to come over and pick them with you :( Peach cobbler, peach pie, peach jam, it all sounds so yummy!

Jen @ tatertotsandjello.com said...

You are so lucky to have a peach tree. I am jealous! How yummy! Fresh peaches are the best thing in the world!

XOXO
Jen

Anonymous said...

Oh yum! Peaches are my favorite!

Weekend Highlights!

Prom!  Stunning couples!  A gorgeous evening!  Willem and Raegen! Yesterday was the baseball parade and opening ceremonies! SO many people! ...