Sunday, October 17, 2021

Weary Traveler

This journey for Tasha is amazing. A new heart being a wonderful, needed gift. 

A new heart, at age 39. What a road to travel. 

I have missed our mom in huge ways over the last few months.

She would be one of Natasha's main "people" if she were here. She needs lots of people right now! And our mom would be willing, loving, easy, kind ... 

Natasha looks good. She loves her home, her bed, her family.

Looking out her windows is sort of story book like. It is a good place to heal. 

Natasha had to go back to the hospital Tuesday - they saw more rejection when they read the biopsy. She is home now. 


Merit's coach was fired last Sat (vaccine related) there are tons of things going on at Walla Walla CC right now with sports, sports med. 

Soccer, volleyball, and baseball players all a little displaced, misplaced, with uncertainties. Some looked to transfer quickly, some wanted out, some are patiently waiting to see what these coming weeks bring. 

Beginning of Sept., Merit moved off to a new place, on his own, nervous, and one of his first positive, awesome connections was his coach! This guy LOVES what he does. He no longer has his job and will possibly leave Walla Walla. 

I can see Merit's sadness but I can also see that he knows he needs to be patient and that if we keep praying over this, things will fall into place. 


I think sometimes God lets us travel really weary roads - I am a weary traveler - to call us to our knees. To build our faith. 

My weary travels make me want to help people and animals. They make me want to have a positive impact. 

Two weeks ago I checked with the shelter to see if we could foster again. It is a way to make a positive difference. It's my mood booster and helps me (Hazel and Oren too)!! We went home with Marz that day. 

Being able hear a shy, scared kitten purr for the first time is better than Disneyland or a sandy beach (my opinion of course) it is such a special feeling. Marz purred two days in. 

She came right to us from then on, but slowly I noticed she was not eating. Kittens typically love wet food. She was not eating it, dry food either... I went and got a new dry kitten food at Petco. She was eating it a bit but grew so thin, Still purring, still climbing up pant legs, I gave it time. Friday morning she took a turn for the worse and had a really rough day. Friday night she was lethargic. She passed away Friday during the night. This affected me in a big way. 

Kittens who come in sick and often lose their mamas really early, struggle. 

I had these feelings we did not do our job. 

And it has been impressed upon my life in HUGE ways over the past few months how FRAGILE life is. Sometimes even in the form of a kitten.


I am sure God is trying to teach me something as I face difficulties - those somewhat expected and those that take me by surprise - I am a really slow learner I am afraid. I haven't lost my humor through this, thank God1

No comments:

Life!

The baseball game Tuesday in Wenatchee was a letdown, but the drive home was not! I captured these beauties in Quincy -- And I had so much f...