Saturday, May 1, 2021

May 1st


Yesterday, April 30th, was my mom's birthday. 
Happy Heavenly Birthday mom! 







I miss my family home. 

I am thankful for many great memories there! 

And I am glad my dad is still there. 

I have been buying flowers lately - some pretty petunia varieties! My mom loved petunias. She would go with a flower "theme" on her front porch and front flower beds. In the front flower beds there were petunias. I remember one year she did a red, white, and blue theme. She sometimes did alternating pinks and purples... 

In looking at, buying, and planting these flowers I sure do think of her. 


We picked blackberries every summer.

Now Tasha and her husband are raising their family in that neck of the woods and have so many of the same blooms, flowers, and green that our mom and dad had - that we had growing up. 






Mom and Grandpa Ken



I am planning Merit's graduation party. It feels especially tricky in the days of COVID.

I am late at preparing for a lot of this end of the year stuff. I am feeling a little overwhelmed with the decisions. (denial maybe)I am excited about what is in store for him though. 

My goal was to order him a letterman's jacket which I still have not done. :-(

I remember my mom planning my party - making it extra special.  



The ducklings are spending their first night on our new pond. 

Ugh, it is a big bad world out there. 

Vance did create a little shelter or hide out for them. They are just young and have no fear... I hope they reside in their shelter tonight. 

Oh they LOVE tomatoes, grapes, bananas - cut into tiny chunks - granola, chick starter, meat diced... Hazel fed them sweet peas today in their new space. 





 

No comments:

Life!

The baseball game Tuesday in Wenatchee was a letdown, but the drive home was not! I captured these beauties in Quincy -- And I had so much f...