Friday, February 5, 2021

Trusting and praying...

 

It seems that the three things most heavy on my heart right I can't discuss out of respect for those involved, which got me to thinking....

When your student is really quiet, maybe doesn't eat his lunch, and nods off in class - it could be for reasons he dares not discuss or does not want to discuss. Reasons that could make us teary eyed. 

When the person in front of you in line at check out is agitated and impatient, maybe her circumstances made simply getting to the grocery store a big feat. 

When your friend is very quiet it could be becausetheir hurts are deep and to discuss them is painful. 

There are people struggling with health issues, addiction, mental illness, abuse, domestic violence, learning disabilities, constant opposition, judgment... and these people may remain quiet.

 I will, somewhat reluctantly, discuss this...

My dad has usually been the dad who unloads on his kids but doesn't often take the time to let his kids confide in him. It is a relationship with a need for hmmm improvement - I am not sure that is the right word but it is the first one that comes to mind.  But I know we are to show grace and try to press forward. I don't know all of his struggles.

One of my siblings told me a story about our dad taking a phone call - at their home - and absolutely losing his shit while he was on the line. These times are somewhat frequent. But again, we don't know all that his happening in his head and heart. 

On a separate note, I think we could take a little time to pray for our High School Seniors. 

This part time school stuff is taking a toll on many. I am very thankful our high schoolers go two half days. Yes, I wish it could be more! But I am thankful they are going. 

The learning from home - here at least - is not nearly as good as in person instruction. We face obstacles weekly. We are not the only ones. 

Merit feels a little nervous or uneasy that his plans for next year are not set. 

Again, we pray and we trust

Today's spring sunshine  and warmer weather seemed to be very good for the moods around here. The big boys and I got some exercise in which felt great! 

I am truly blessed. Our family is blessed. I want my blog, however, to be a highlight REAL more than a highlight REEL. 

Cheers to the weekend! 


No comments:

Life!

The baseball game Tuesday in Wenatchee was a letdown, but the drive home was not! I captured these beauties in Quincy -- And I had so much f...