Friday, February 15, 2019

Less enthusiastic but still smiling


 okay, so Monday it was sledding, hot cocoa, reading, snow forts, fires - all with a lot of smiles and enthusiasm! And great delight in school being cancelled! 

It was dreamy. 

Our garbage did not get picked up Monday - roads were too bad. So, we have no room for trash. Not so fun.  
I had a chicken become disoriented and would NOT walk through the snow back into the coop. Partially frozen it survived in the elements for four days. Vance was so proud when he picked it up and carried it into the coop yesterday (I had tried this five times). He may have been successful because the bird was half frozen and not able to fight like it had previously. But it is in the coop, all of the other hens curious to know about her adventures. 
Basin Feed has baby chicks. Currently, for sale right now.  People, don't be tempted to buy chicks now. It would be miserable to bring them home in this weather!! I know it is tempting! I would probably have 6 living in the bathroom if -- wait, maybe I could have six living in the bathroom! 
I can't focus on getting things cleaned up when the kitchen is hopping! Hungry kids everywhere. But heck, if I spent hours out in the snow sledding, playing and hiking I would be consuming a lot of calories too. 
Kids had Monday and Tuesday off. I made an effort to re-group Wednesday and Thursday and restocked at the Favored Farmhouse where I am a vendor. 
Today is another snow day. 
I have lost a little enthusiasm, but hey the snow playing is still fun (according to Hazel and Oren) Vance has plowed the driveway 23 times I think. We have added bird watching to our list of at home activities.
Our varsity basketball team plays in Wenatchee tonight and not going is bugging me but I am a WDW. (Winter Driving Wimp) I used to not be, that story is for later. 
Willem plays in Ellensburg tomorrow and Sunday. I love this idea IF the roads are good. 










 Hazel and Oren aren't tired of the snow. And I could never tire of watching them play in the snow!

No comments:

Weekend Highlights!

Prom!  Stunning couples!  A gorgeous evening!  Willem and Raegen! Yesterday was the baseball parade and opening ceremonies! SO many people! ...