Friday, February 8, 2019

Friday


Merit was messaging with  a friend/aquaintance a couple of weeks ago -the friend was going through a tough time. He is depressed and does not really see a way out. The messages were concerning. I asked Merit to share their messaging with a teacher or counselor. He did. Finding a "go to", trust worthy adult up at the HS is not a hard thing to do. Talking with teachers who care, there are plenty. We are blessed. This crowded school with halls that don't seem wide enough still provides a good place to learn because of the people who are within those walls. 


At times I dislike my blog. It is like a diary that I have invited anyone to read. But I am nudged to keep with it. Knowing that the documenting of my thoughts is what I often find therapeutic.

Random thoughts, fun thrifting purchases, the kids' interests and baking tips are one thing, the heaviness of this week is something quite different.

If I can help one person, if I can encourage somebody, it is worth it to me. 
If my mom had written in a journal or wrote her thoughts somewhere it would be such a prized possession.

Keep praying with me for the Sullivan family, please. Brynn's funeral is Saturday. They need prayers every day but Saturday may be even more difficult. It will be healing day too though - an important celebration of a beautiful girl. 
We know to love, encourage and build up our students, friends, children, family... because we have become reminded again that life is short. 

I was looking at some pictures of Brynn through Facebook and one that made me sob was her just hanging at the arcade, I think it was the arcade, sucking on a ring pop, looking as cute as can be. Just being a happy kid. She had no idea her death would come so soon. Her family had no idea they would be living without the joy of sweet Brynn.

She is experiencing perfect peace, no pain. 
We have hope in Jesus.






No comments:

Wild Will

  When Merit was a senior, I had all the feels.  Now that Willem is a senior, I have all those feels but they are intensified.  Because now ...