Wednesday, September 5, 2018

Prayerful, thankful, fresh starts, new beginnings

I was going to clean up my eating yesterday. You know, the day after Labor Day... kids are back in the swing of things, September goals... And now I plan to clean up my eating on Monday. After Monday, I need to see progress. Progress is such an incentive. Without it, I wallow.

Oren got dressed yesterday in a button up shirt, back pack packed, he wore his best shorts (Miles' hand me downs) and we headed to pre -school. But guess what? It was the wrong day. ---- The pre-school had mailed us a post card clearly stating which class started which day. It got tossed 😞 I was a bit embarrassed. But you know what I was shown by teachers and parents there? A beautiful thing called GRACE.

I diverted and distracted him by heading to the church library where he said "I am not nervous mom. I CAN go." And I tried to carefully explain to him that it was the day the younger kids go and that he would start the next day. Teri (a long time acquaintance and new friend) invited us to lunch. It was great. And Oren was able to get to know her son Teag who is in his class. It all worked out! It was a good trial run.

Today -- Oren's official first day -- he felt sad for a little girl who sat on the teacher's lap because she was missing her mama #compassion - I encouraged Oren to befriend her tomorrow.
He enjoyed his first day. I am praying his confidence grows!

I have had a handful of days wishing my mom could see these kids moments, compassion, successes and silliness. Some days I am a bit lost.

"For I am the Lord who heals you." Exodus 15:26

God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble... Psalm 46:1-3

I love hearing about these kids days at school! Hazel has Linda Rosenow. Both big boys had her for a 3rd grade teacher. She is amazing. ---I have several sub days lined up for October and November, all third grade!

Merit is enjoying sophomore year! Culinary and Speech and Debate are the classes he is talking most about. Willem is enjoying 7th grade. Willem has two 8th grade math classes. His course load is not easy, he is working hard.

September 5th finds me prayerful and thankful and so excited for what this school year will hold.



No comments:

Weekend Highlights!

Prom!  Stunning couples!  A gorgeous evening!  Willem and Raegen! Yesterday was the baseball parade and opening ceremonies! SO many people! ...