Thursday, April 5, 2018

Spring Break

I run out to the coop, in the rain (it isn't supposed to rain during spring break). I grab a chick. No "baby stage" goes faster than with a chick. Babies grow quickly, puppies grow quickly, chicks grow incredibly quickly! Cup of coffee, morning snuggles with a chick, camera out...
Oh and THIS morning also included a game of Monopoly - a game that I think Willem and are are four hours into.

This spring break has included SLOW MORNINGS.

One of my best friends has a birthday today, 40! She is a great mom and wife! A terrific friend too! She doesn't judge me. We are open books when we get together over a quick lunch or coffee or meet up at a baseball field. It dawned on me last week that I need these girlfriends in my life SO much, especially with my mom not being here.And my girlfriends ENCOURAGE like my mom would. ----------Happy Birthday Dear Katie!

This week has been funny. More baseball boys in the car on the way to practice, funny conversations. Yesterday the freshman guys had to be at the HS at 1 to get on the bus for their Eastmont game. I grabbed Migs (close by), then headed out to Mae Valley to get Hazel from Grandma Kris' and Kellogg from his place. Merit panics "I left the team bucket of balls at home!" Ahhhhh! Migs calls his mom she runs the balls to the HS, they get there in time. Kids dropped off, baseballs there... I drive home, an hour later realize I have one of the boys game jerseys in the car. Ahhhh! I text Merit. I head to Eastmont (was part of my plan anyway).We get the kid his jersey (protecting his identity here) and then Hazel, Oren and I head to Old Navy to spend our Old Navy cash! These two who rarely fight are argueing and saying "Stop mimicking me!" ahhhhh! Argueing, fighting over sitting in the cart, Hazel would rather choose something from the new "spring rack" than clearance. If you know me, I am a clearance gal. More mimicking. Then Oren says "Hazel, I am sorry I was being mean at you." And again, for just a bit, all is right with the world. They play GREAT at Merit's game. Imagining, cart wheels, exercise, the good stuff.





No comments:

A Wednesday update

The weather today is gorgeous! I went outdoors with the second-grade class I was teaching today. We looked for a ring a student had lost (an...