Thursday, August 27, 2020

More of our weekend away...



Making breakfast with Grandma!

Buddy! Hazel and Oren


My in-laws have a gorgeous garden!





Memories made at Papa and Grandma's! 

I can report that Lynden visits are more enjoyable for me than they were for about 10 years - maybe more - for ten years my number one emotion when visiting Lynden was missing my mom. 
When Merit was a baby - sharing him with family there was so very fun. As our family grew, getting there became more stressful - the long car ride, nursing, diaper bags, babies who missed napping at home... 
And I think I was a tired mom, missing my mom. 
Now, although that feeling is still present, I find great joy in watching my kids enjoy family there. They love seeing everyone. I sleep better too. My visits used to include me being a walking zombie and once home I would want to sleep for three days. 

I have some healing taking place. 

Next visit I will make a point of going to my dad's. We always had Christmas eve there - a big "shop party" - my kids love it! Well, all the grand kids love it! But it takes a great deal of work to get a space that is used for machinery, repairs etc cleared out so we can "party" there. So, last Christmas eve we gathered at Tasha and Reese's. It was more comfortable and easier to cook there but we still missed the tradition a bit. Especially since we rarely gather at my dad's otherwise. 

******************************

Our visit was so good. We never see everyone we want to see but the opportunity to be a part of Matt and B's gorgeous wedding sure allowed us to visit with many. 

September 9th the kids are supposed to start school. I am praying this is so! In person here, for those who have "chosen" that - our district is pretty awesome. These kids - Merit and Willem especially - really want to go back. 








 

No comments:

Life!

The baseball game Tuesday in Wenatchee was a letdown, but the drive home was not! I captured these beauties in Quincy -- And I had so much f...