Sunday, August 12, 2018

in the thick of it

This summer I saw my sis in law Cary at my bro in law John's. side note; John and Katie love to entertain and they are excellent cooks. We had a really yummy Mexican dinner there! With fresh local corn and homemade salsa....

Cary and I were talking about kids and their interests and activities. And just the lives of a family of 6.  Cary said to me "you're in the thick of it" referring to the ages and stages of 4 kids.

This summer I have felt "in the thick of it" --- I should have logged our baseball travel from June 9th till July 15th -- Wenatchee, Yakima, East Valley, Walla Walla, Kennewick, Pendleton. A few of these towns more than once. I saw some good baseball (which I LOVE). I saw wineries (only saw didn't visit), fields of alfalfa, dry flat lands, farm houses, fields of mustard, burger joints.... Our Walla Walla and Pendleton weekend being a favorite. If you are ever passing though Walla Walla I would recommend Fast Eddy's Burger Joint! YUM! But, this body of mine has hit one too many burger joints and filled my plate with Vance's delicious BBQ a few too many times. It is time to get to walking and spinning.

Hazel and Willem earned Silverwood tickets again - through a reading program. Last summer we did not get there.  - it is a very fun water park and theme park! Silverwood is well run, clean and expensive. The kids had earned their reading tickets last summer too. But there are only so many summer days which translates to there are not enough.

When you sort of forget to schedule summer dentist appts., a mammogram for me, an audiology appointment for Hazel and sports physicals for the big boys and you have 3 weeks of summer left - the appointments feel a bit daunting.
so, I got Merit in for his physical last week and Willem's is scheduled. We'll wait for fall for dental appts. Hazel will see the audiologist this week. She has had pressure on her left ear for months. No fluid, just pressure and although she passed her hearing exam, she was right on the line.

I get really sweaty in August, not just because of the heat. The end of summer pressure hits me kind of hard and I dislike the back to school displays. My garden begins to look dry and tired if we do not very carefully tend to it. Kind of like me. Last summer I had my annual exam in August and expressed to my doctor how every August I have to take deeper breaths. I have to schedule exercise and even sometimes then, the schedule gets thrown out the window. I dread the kids going back to school, but I have to remember by mid September I love the new schedule.


This August has been better than the previous few. Many whispered prayers!


Rejoice always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances. 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

I can face more with a prayerful, joyful, thankful heart!

So, I enjoy each day. And am so thankful for the energy to make memories with my family!

Wednesday -

Laguna Beach Two days was not quite long enough. Merit has his head on straight. I think he is doing well.  I needed one more day.  It was g...