Monday, October 26, 2020

My over thinker being - feeling thankful

 In a great effort to quiet my mind, I have truly discovered I will always be an over thinker. 

The distractions, thoughts, actions, school work, laughter, and chatting of my kids is some of my best therapy. 

I was like this as a child too. 

Maybe most oldests are. 

I have a habit of asking myself often "is this normal?"

I also ask "what should I be learning from this?"

"Why did I say that?"

"Should have I done that?" - and the list goes on


I have sang often over the last month Thy Word is a Lamp unto my Feet... I love Sandi Patti singing this...I had her cassette tape as an 8th grader. I remember that music being so comforting. I found some of her music on Amazon today and made a purchase. 

We had a terrific weekend. Friday night was just a chill out at home night... Saturday we celebrated Baer's first birthday, Saturday evening the Raymond's hosted a mini version of homecoming and it was so lovely! Catered and in a huge shop (beautifully decorated) I am sure those "kids" (hardly kids anymore really) had a fantastic time. Yesterday my Aunt Jill and Uncle Jeff visited. It was so good to see them. It was SO crisp and cold! We drove out to the property (usually a lovely walk but it was very chilly) and then we showed them the planned location for the shop and house. The view to the east and the creek is really pretty up there! 

Then I baked and cooked and took Carter's senior pics! 

And then there was the intense Seahawks game! With an outcome that we wish had been different. 


Psalm 46:10 

Be still and know that I am God; I will be exalted about the nations, I will be exalted in the earth. 


Feeling thankful and grateful. Drinking hot orange tea on this crisp, beautiful day! Listening to my big boys on zooms. There were some difficulties with Merit's teacher getting on his last zoom. The students stayed on, waiting, and Nelson (a classmate) played guitar for them, live. Merit said it was pretty awesome. 





MJ

card creations
I love this silly kid.
Hazel and Sunny

Homecoming Fun
These four I adore. 


No comments:

Life!

The baseball game Tuesday in Wenatchee was a letdown, but the drive home was not! I captured these beauties in Quincy -- And I had so much f...