Thursday, October 17, 2019

Happy Friday!







My friend Maria inspired me in the after school snack department. I was so excited!
Oren comes home SO HUNGRY!
He does not like to eat a lot at lunch. When I pack his lunch in the morning, he looks over it and says things like "that's a lot to handle" or "I'm not really feeling that."
Oren is a funny kid; precise, smart, and he likes order. He is very kind. He does not like loud noises, chaos, and new situations.
The lunch room has taken some getting used to for Oren. It is loud, bright, a bit chaotic - not the most ideal place to have a calm lunch. His attitude and anxiety regarding this, however, is getting better. But he does come home very hungry!
So, more fun snacks after school will be a goal! And about once a week we cruise into McDonalds for a Happy Meal after school. :-)!

I have been quite inspired this week by teachers, by friends, and by some blog posts.
I am reminded how daily prayer and encouragement is so important!

Praying for our kids and a love for the Bible. Praying too for protection of their mind and their body.

 Psalm 119:105
Your word is a lamp for my feet, a light on my path.


Psalm 119:47
I shall delight in your commandments...


2 Thessalonians 3:3
But the Lord is faithful, and he will strengthen and protect you...







likeabubblingbrook.com inspired me this week in prayers for our kids but also in the recipe department



ohhh and she had this pumpkin brownie recipe that had me drooling.
Let's be honest, I usually like recipes with six ingredients or less. This one could stretch me

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Brownies

3/4 cup flour
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup butter, melted
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 cup cocoa powder
1/2 cup chocolate chips
3/4 cup pumpkin puree
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg

Preheat oven to 350 - spray a 9x9 baking dish with cooking spray
Combine flour, salt, and baking powder, set aside
In another bowl, cream together the sugar and butter, then mix in the eggs and vanilla
Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients
Stir together
Pour half of this mixture into the other bowl

To the first bowl, fold in cocoa powder and chocolate chips
To the second bowl, stir in pumpkin puree and the spices

Pour the chocolate batter into the baking dish and spread in an even layer across the bottom. Then pour the pumpkin batter on top and spread in an even layer. 

Bake in pre-heated oven for about 45 min.
Cool before serving

Yesterday I started on this post and had to leave to go work concessions at the volleyball game (if you read my blog and saw a half written post and recipe, whoops, that's why!)
Running in circles a bit this week!

I haven't made these brownies yet! But I am sharing the recipe! There will be a follow up post after I make them and if you make them and love them (or don't) let me know!

HAPPY FRIDAY!

No comments:

Life!

The baseball game Tuesday in Wenatchee was a letdown, but the drive home was not! I captured these beauties in Quincy -- And I had so much f...