Saturday, September 4, 2021

 


My friend Marilyn told me she wanted a big project about the time her boys graduated from high school and were heading off... with one of her three boys they -she and her husbnand- took over management and ownership of a campground. 

This venture and purchase took up a great deal of her time... us moms are funny...  many of us mourn their leaving and we need to occupy the void. 

She has just one left at home... I wonder what big, cool thing she will do in three years when he takes off.

Side note; she is the one who blesses us with her horses! Marilyn is Hazel's riding buddy. 

I accepted my first sub job of the 2021/2022 school year and I took a leap out of my comfort zone and went for high school social studies. I have never subbed high school before. Then I signed on for four mornings of pre-school. 

Things are topsy turvy - I am going to mix it up and I think it will be  good, rewarding.

This is the strangest time period of motherhood that I have experienced yet. Having the oldest prepare to leave the nest...

Last week our family sort of lost our minds with the gold card fundraiser. The evening the $750 was due (yes, the sale of 30 gold cards at $25 each had us overwhelmed. Willem had sold $350 in gold cards, we ate the rest) 

Will could continue to sell. We had to pay the money but he still had the golf cards. Willem hit the streets the following three days with a decent amount of success. 

The night we sort of fell apart with gold cards, new schedules, new demands... I saw Willem walk to Merit for help and just understanding. I knew I would miss Merit. Then I realized just how much Willem would. We all will.

We messed up when we went there - to Walla Walla-  apartment hunting, we let the fact that there were so few apartments completely stress us out. Getting on waiting lists did not seem adequate enough. We left with a blah feeling and have not been back since. 

It is time to go back and get Merit moved in. He has an apartment! He really needs to BE THERE September 12th. Time to make the trek with a new mindset. 

Today, I could sense this stirring - missing him before he is even gone. So I hopped in my car and headed to the animal shelter, knowing fostering would be the right gig right about now. 

And then I discovered a two tier wicker cat bed on facebook market place! 😂

Covering him in prayer and looking forward to his visits, we will press forward. 

And we will hope and pray he learns and grows and has a lot of fun.

No comments:

Life!

The baseball game Tuesday in Wenatchee was a letdown, but the drive home was not! I captured these beauties in Quincy -- And I had so much f...