Thursday, April 9, 2015

Enjoying THE NOW




In less than 24 hours I am going to be with my sisters. I can't tell you the joy this brings me! Oh my gosh, they encourage me, they make me laugh, we have been through tough stuff, fun stuff... all the while leaning on each other! And they will listen to me go on and on about these darn chickens! And well, I have a few friends who will too - you know who you are! :-) 



Spring Break 2015, making memories with these sweeties!


all boy, rough and tough Oren has gentle hands when it comes to these babies

Oren is HOT and COLD. He is intense. He is FUNNY. He can be so sweet. His hugs and kisses are amazing. He reminds us a lot of Merit at this age! 
He went from the easiest going baby to a toddler with lots of spunk and some attitude! lol

Today felt so full. I am trying to get all the groceries these guys will need for while I am gone. I am getting caught up on laundry. Vance and I got the chicks situated. Their weekend will be busy because Merit has baseball. Oren took a good bath today and got his hair washed and then when I got back from the grocery store he was SO dirty. With a big dusty grin on his face!! He had been throwing dirt, eating dirt, chasing chickens and butterflies I am sure...
I got a good long catch up with Katie A. today and that, as always, is good for the soul. We have nine children combined, so good long catch ups aren't that easy to come by. ;-)! 

Spring break has been good! I wish I would have played more basketball and UNO with these kids but the days get busy and I always wish I could "play" a bit more! 

Okay, so my sisters are brave and amazing. Natasha has a heart appt. in San Diego following our girls weekend. She is being proactive, she is taking great care of herself! 
PRAYING that the appt. goes well and PRAYING that these girls have lots of positive cardiology appointments in the coming years. Touching on this on my blog is ...well, difficult. Because I want to respect their privacy, but I also believe in the power of prayer! Our mom didn't have the knowledge they have regarding this heart stuff. 
Being able to just BE with them this weekend feels like an amazing gift! I am so excited! And you know - Worrying gets us no where. Our prayers are heard and they bring us peace. And there really IS something about just enjoying THE NOW.


No comments:

Life!

The baseball game Tuesday in Wenatchee was a letdown, but the drive home was not! I captured these beauties in Quincy -- And I had so much f...